B.A. in General Studies with a Concentration in Health Care
The General Studies Bachelor of Arts Degree with a Concentration in Health Care is designed to provide the student with a broad range of courses in the liberal arts and a foundation in health care and health care services with an emphasis on the older adult. The first two years of the program also prepare the student to apply to the Maryville University Nursing BSN degree offered in Weekend and Evening College.
The General Studies Bachelors of Arts Degree is a general degree that can be used for entry into a wide variety of occupations. This degree serves as a bridge to numerous graduate degree programs and prepares you for employment in areas not requiring specific baccalaureate degrees.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in all college work is required for admission.
- High school transcripts are required for transfer students with fewer than 30 transferable hours.
- A maximum of 68 credit hours from a two-year college will be counted toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Students who possess an Associate in Arts General Transfer degree from an accredited institution which follows the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education guidelines, or a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, will have fulfilled Maryville’s General Education requirement.
- For the completion of a bachelor’s degree, at least the last 30 credit hours must be taken at Maryville.
- One half of the major must be taken at Maryville.