This program, available only online, seeks to prepare students for the dynamic fields of design and digital media and is well fitted to those interested in a creative career that incorporates passions in art, design, technology, animation, and more. The exciting discipline of digital media casts a wide shadow that includes illustration, motion graphics, animation, game media, traditional media, app prototypes, websites, and more. The curriculum focuses on developing mastery of the fundamental elements and principles of graphic design and their application in the production of digital media using cutting edge technology.
This advanced and highly demanded technical skillset fostered within this program pared with advanced exposure to graphic design / visual communication curriculum targets a diverse set of creative career opportunities within an economy deeply dependent on creativity, design, and digital media. The B.F.A. is a focused professional degree structured to facilitate the development of a mature, diverse and competitive portfolio.
This program prepares students for full participation in the professional design community. Like all of the Design & Visual Art Programs, it is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art & Design (NASAD).
The articulated goals of the proposed programming are:
- To provide a rigorous career targeted online BFA program, particularly for those who require an online delivery format to help achieve their academic and career goals.
- Prepare students for professions that produce digital / interactive / graphic media and provide a balanced approach to the theoretical, practical, and technical aspects of design and the technology that drives it.
- Prepare designers/practitioners who are fluent in the design process/methodology, including the ability to define, research, and generate multiple solutions to visual and technical problems.
- Encourage creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and self-evaluation.
- Encourage communication skills through presentation, critique, and creative ideation.
- Provide a strong foundation in the history of art and design.
- Encourage relevant interdisciplinary knowledge and experience.
- Provide a strong foundation in and broad exposure to the tools and technology utilized to create digital media and encourage self-reliance and perpetual learning.
- Encourage and promote ethical practices.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork.