The Bachelor of Science in Health Science degree is designed to prepare students for entry into the Doctor of Physical Therapy. This degree also may prepare students for entry level generalist positions within health care services. No minor is required.
To obtain the BS in Health Sciences the student must:
Be accepted into the PT Program, and complete all courses outlined in the PT Degree Planning sheet for years 1-3. This is the General Education requirements and the Core courses (HEPR) for the degree - a total of 98 credit hours.
Complete year 4 courses required for PT program as outlined in the degree planning program to continue in the Doctor of Physical Therapy, D.P.T. program.
If a student withdraws from the PT program after year 3*:
- Notify PT Program Director of intent to complete the BS Health Sciences
- Complete 30 credit hours at Maryville related to Health services as approved by the PT Program Director
- 18 credit hours must be at level 300 or higher
- other 12 credits can be any course as long as related to health services
* If a student withdraws from the PT Program prior to completing year 3, the student will not be able to complete the BS in Health Sciences and will require a change of major.